Friday, March 25, 2011

I am going to receive a large donation from wholesalechess.com!!

Wow, it came so unexpected. It looks like I will be receiving a pretty nice donation from http://www.wholesalechess.com. A friend had a contact there and decided to help.
I am getting the whole 15 basic plastic tournament sets and a demonstration board for kids.

I was thinking of how to even start with teaching chess to children. I had an idea of perhaps starting very small with few sets and then depending on their interest expand into bigger something. I never opened a chess school before. It's new.

Why did I decide to do such crazy thing? Maybe some kind of sign from the universe. Would chess be taken just as another extra curriculum thing or would it be as helpful as Kasparov's foundation describes? How would children who need very basic things like water and ability to read take this? How would it go?

Many questions in my head. One thing for sure I want to do this.

Does Rajasthan know chess? Of course, big time! Rajputana Chess Association, lists 101 rated players as part of the organization. Then, a simple question - huge antique state of Rajasthan with only 100 players?????? I picture Rajasthan, the country of Maharajas, moguls coming from Persia. Could Rajasthan be a motherland of chess?

-------------
San Diego, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment