Thursday, March 17, 2011

What to start with?

Ok, first thing first..I need to figure out the situation with visa/passport, ticket, my apartment. Also one of the first things is to do is complete application for DAAN by reserving a place to live while volunteering. It all seems a bit hectic to me right now, but perhaps one thing at time will resolve the mess in my head.

Funny that just a few days ago I had no idea that I would do this. I guess there is time for everything and this is my time to go. Reminds me of the first time I ended up in India back in 2006. I was staying in Budapest, Hungary when I stopped by local Indian consulate and one thing led to another and just a week later I was all set with visa. And all this given that I had a ticket back from Turkey to States. Of course the return ticket from Istanbul back to San Diego was never used as I found myself in the heat of Mumbai not understanding what just happened. Then, months later I was still there, still in India, changing city after city, town after town, village after village. I was unstoppable back then. I remember I had a tiny little backpack the entire time there. Not a professional one other backpackers would carry. Just a regular tiny backpack, month after month. Periodically I would clean it and fill it with new stuff as I went from place to place. Eventually I found myself with additional Indian rice bag with blankets and books. I called it my train bag, as I would use the blankets in the train along with reading the books. Ufhh, when I left India in February of 2007, I thought I would never come back. I thought it was not in the stars. But shockingly just a few months later I found myself back in Indian Himalayas then back in New Delhi. Leaving India second time I thought that's it, probably the destiny has fulfilled, I meant to come here twice. No. This week I realized that there will be a third time.

Alright, enough of nostalgic sentimental stuff. Will write later.

I.

No comments:

Post a Comment