Monday, March 21, 2011

Money, money, money

Today is the day to spend some major cash.

I finally bought a ticket to Mumbay from LAX. This is probably the most expensive ticket I have ever purchased in my life, wow. But I had to do it. Waiting for the cheaper deal might not have worked. Plus, now I can totally plan all the other things without having to worry about flights. I still need to book one local flight from Mumbai to Udaipur, but I can do this later. I might or might not stay a day in Mumbai before heading up to Rajastan.

The idea of traveling in 38 degrees Celcius heat throws me off a bit. But then again, back in February 2007 I had a heat stroke in Hampi, state of Karnataka and I survived that. Can it be any worse? Also, can it be worse than heat of New Delhi in May-June? I managed to survive that too, with difficulties. Rajastan during summer ...hmmmm... oh well. The time will show.

Today my head is spinning. I remember since I was little I remembered places by smells rather than by colors :). I remember how my aunt's house smelled like, how the village smelled like, how the city smelled like. Today I vividly recall how Mumbai/India smells like. Strong strong smell, yet something I totally miss. I cannot describe it really. Heat smells, food smells, spices smells, urine smells, smoke smells, incense smells..all together..all merged in one. Hard to describe. Hard to forget either.

Alright, ticket is bought, it's time to reserve the room in the guesthouse for volunteers.

Irina

No comments:

Post a Comment