Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Continuation of teaching numbers and working in groups

Yesterday we continued teaching kids numbers and working in groups. Some kids from previous groups did not show up and new kids showed up. As always it took a while to get them situated into the groups before starting with the activities. We taught them 1-30 following the same pattern as before. We had one winning group who got candies.

Between teaching them 1-30 and how to ask questions we did song activities where each group had to sing 6 songs. I have heard these songs for such a long time that I found myself singing them while I am doing other things. Funny like that.

I am still thinking it would be better to have groups for advanced vs complete beginners but since the mixed groups seem to be working alright maybe it should stay this way at least for now.

Sam took some pictures of me teaching. I am not liking the way I look on them. I am so new at teaching maybe that's why I look a bit confused.

1 comment: